1. Who are we?
We are AlphaVend UK.
2. What personal data is collected?
Most personal data will be collected directly through the transaction or online order process. The sources of any personal data collected indirectly will be mentioned in this statement. Whether or not you become a customer, we may ask you for (but not limited to) your:
• Official ID Details – for example Passport or Drivers license
• Current address
• Date of birth
• Email address
• Mobile telephone number
• Home telephone number
• Personal data about other cardholders
You are free to withdraw your consent at any time. This may result in us not being able to do certain things for you.
3. What do we use your information for?
We will use your personal data to provide information on services requested or products ordered.
Data is collected and used on a lawful basis only which is outlined below.
To perform a transaction or contract with you
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into a transaction or contract
- To decide whether to transact or contract with you
- To manage and perform the transaction or contract
- To ensure our records remain relevant
Our legitimate interest
- For good governance, accounting, managing and auditing our business operations
- For market research, analysis and developing statistics
- To send you marketing communications with your consent
- When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests
- For compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and related disclosures
- For establishment and defence of legal rights
- For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime
- To verify your identity, engage in fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities on your account
- When you request we disclose your personal data to other people or organisations
- When we process any special categories of personal data at your request
- To send you marketing communications where we have asked for your consent to do so
4. Data retention period
We will retain your data whether you become a customer or not for:
• As long as necessary to deal with your query
• As long as you might legally bring a claim against us
• After your account has been closed or otherwise come to an end based on our legal and regulatory requirements
5. Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right of rectification
• The right of erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like further information about data protection you can visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at ico.org.uk
. The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest and data privacy for individuals. We comply with all ICO regulatory and statutory requirements. You have the right to make a complaint to the ICO regarding the handling of your data.
6. Fraud prevention and money laundering checks
We may use your personal details in order to conduct identity checks as required by law as a measure to prevent money laundering.
The personal data we have collected from you at application or any stage may be shared with fraud prevention agencies. We are required by law to review transactions and report any which may be suspected of being related to money laundering activities.
7. Automated decision making
We may process your personal data without human intervention to evaluate your personal situation such as transactional history and account opening anniversary events. We may do this to decide what marketing communications are suitable for you, to analyse statistics and to assess risks.
This is all done on the basis of our legitimate interests, to protect our business, and to develop and improve our products and services. If we use automated decision making including profiling activity to assess your application, this will be performed on the basis of it being necessary to perform the contract.
8. Sharing your information
The Company may supply strategic partners with certain information from your account, (such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address and gender) to provide operational services relating to the performance of the companies products or services. Our strategic partners gather information for their own purposes and for that reason we cannot exercise control over the uses to which they apply your personal information. All our strategic partners are obliged to comply with the "fair processing code" contained in the Data Protection Act 1998, which requires them to inform you about (or make readily available to you) the following information:
• Their identity
• Why they are handling your personal data and what they intend to do with it
• Any further information to make the processing of your personal data fair
We supply your personal details such as name and address to some suppliers where it is necessary in order to fulfil our obligations to you in setting up and maintaining the your account, if required.
Where required by law, strategic partners and suppliers are certified or authorised and regulated to the required standards.
This site may contain links to other sites. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other such websites.
9. International transfers
Your personal data may be transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area. If these countries do not have adequate protections for personal data under applicable laws we will take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal data.
10. Opting out of marketing communication
You are free to opt out of receiving all marketing communications from us and our strategic partners at any time by contacting us at our firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you be opted in to receive email correspondence, there is an unsubscribe link on each email we send out, if you use this, we will not send any unsolicited mail to your registered email address.
Communications regarding changes to existing products or services held, our terms, conditions and policies is important and sometimes critical. You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
to enable site visitors to make an informed decision and thus provide informed consent.
12. Reviewing, correcting or updating your personal data
If any of your details are recorded incorrectly and need to be changed, please contact us via our email email@example.com
with details of the required changes and the reasons for the change. Proof of change of address may be needed.
Customer Services opening times:
• Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5:00pm